Although we encourage all students to set up a schedule that allows for regular review, we realize that students will fall behind. Unfortunately you can’t make up for lost time, but you can make the most of what’s left. Here are some tips to help you along the way.
- Prioritize in terms of the grade you want/need in each course, the worth of each exam, and your level of understanding in each course.
- Stay positive, think positive, talk positive.
- Make a plan and manage your time.
- Follow the plan.
- Study and rehearse ACTIVELY!
- Practice output, old exams and test yourself
- Don’t cover too many topics in one day. Instead, review and practice output.
- Don’t passively read over notes; ask yourself questions and answer them out loud and in your own words.
In the end, you may want to remember the sinking feeling in your gut next term and make some changes to your study habits. The LAC is open all year for students to prepare for next term’s demands.