Wednesday, May 02, 2007

It’s a new day! Thoughts on starting a new class…

There have been times when I begin a new class that I just want to hide and not be noticed by the professor or anyone else. It’s easy to feel intimidated by these intelligent people. The problem is that when I do this, I also become disinterested in the class. What have I done to get over these feelings of inferiority? For me, just getting to class a few minutes earlier helps me check out the people as they arrive and that makes me feel less awkward. I’ve also avoided sitting front row center because it’s hard to see the other people in the class if I sit there. I prefer to sit off to the side but still in the front half of the room. I’m fairly close to the action, but I can still see most of the people in the room.

Does anyone have any other strategies they use to feel more comfortable in a brand new class? Do share.

Natalie

No comments: